“I went from sad and tired, with thinning hair and constant chocolate cravings, to energetic and mentally alert, with a healthy gut. I finally felt like myself again. I didn’t have to worry about my health anymore. Now I can just live life!”
Hi, I’m Dr. Michael Ruscio. I am a doctor, researcher, author, and health enthusiast. I practice Functional Medicine with an emphasis on natural and nutritional solutions. I give smart, busy people who are suffering from symptoms of chronic illness simple steps to get better and get on with life.
Find out more!
After years of an active life as a healthy athlete, I suddenly found I was tired, depressed, and my digestion was off. I couldn’t sleep at night. My hair was thinning and I had no libido. I needed multiple naps to get through a day and experienced brain fog from eating almost anything. I was feeling depressed and woke up at 3 a.m. with insomnia only remedied by chocolate. I went to a few doctors and disappointingly, all my lab tests came back normal. I was told there was nothing wrong with me, but I knew something was very wrong.
Find out more!
I read everything I could on the internet and proceeded to waste a ton of money on herbs, vitamins and supplements in attempts at treating my symptoms. I eventually found Functional Medicine and figured out that a gut infection was at the root of all my problems. I learned how to heal my gut, rebalance my hormones, and get my health back.
What I Am Doing
I am writing a book on digestive and thyroid disorders. I am very interested in improving digestive treatments because your gut is crucial for overall health. Because of this, I am performing a clinical trial in my office.
My Guiding Principle
We are designed to be healthy. To be healthy, we remove obstacles that prevent healing and provide the body an environment that encourages health.
My Training and Credentials
- Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Lead researcher in current IBS study
- Post-doctoral continuing education provider
- Doctor of Chiropractic – Life Chiropractic College West
- University of Massachusetts – B.S. Exercise Kinesiology
- Post-doctoral Functional Medicine study with educational bodies such as: The National College of Naturopathic Medicine, The Institute of Functional Medicine, The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Kalish Research, and Defeat Autism Now
Interested? Go to this form to find out more.