“I went from sad and tired, with thinning hair and constant chocolate cravings to energetic and mentally alert, with a healthy gut. I finally felt like myself again. I didn’t have to worry about my health anymore. Now I can just live life!”
Hi, I am Dr. Michael Ruscio. I am a doctor, researcher, author and health enthusiast. I practice Functional Medicine with an emphasis on natural and nutritional solutions. I give smart, busy people who are suffering from symptoms of chronic illness simple steps to get better and get on with life.
Find out more!
After years of an active life as a healthy athlete, I suddenly found I was tired, depressed and my digestion was off. I couldn’t sleep at night. My hair was thinning and I had no libido. I needed multiple naps to get through the day and experienced brain fog from eating almost anything. I was feeling depressed and woke up at 3am with insomnia only remedied by chocolate. I went to a few doctors and disappointingly, all my labs tests came back normal. I was told there was nothing wrong with me, but I knew that there was definitely something wrong.
Find out more!
I read everything I could on the internet and proceeded to waste a ton of money on herbs, vitamins and supplements in many attempts at treating my symptoms. I eventually found Functional Medicine and figured out that a gut infection was at the root of all my problems. I learned how to heal my gut, rebalance my hormones and get my health back.
What I Am Doing?
I am currently writing a book on both Digestive and Thyroid disorders and performing a clinical trial. The emphasis is on the gut and the crucial role it plays in our overall health. My goal is to improve the development and implementation of digestive treatment in the future which will address this.
My Guiding Principle
We are designed to be healthy. To achieve this, we must remove any obstacles that prevent healing and therefore provide the body with an environment that encourages optimum health.
My Training and Credentials
- Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Lead researcher in current IBS study
- Post-doctoral continuing education provider
- Doctor of Chiropractic – Life Chiropractic College West
- University of Massachusetts – B.S. Exercise Kinesiology
- Post-doctoral Functional Medicine study with educational bodies such as; The National College of Naturopathic Medicine, The Institute of Functional Medicine, The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Kalish Research and Defeat Autism Now
Interested? Click HERE to find out more.